|Gorean Living User Forums
|Yuletide Reds & Greens Winter Stew
|Page 1 of 1|
|Author:||KhaosWolfKat [ 25 May 2017, 11:30 ]|
|Post subject:||Yuletide Reds & Greens Winter Stew|
4 tbsp seasoned flour
½ tsp freshly ground peppercorn medley
½ tsp seasoned salt
About 1.5 lbs beef, cut into bite sized pieces
3 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
2 med sweet onions, sliced
1-3 cloves garlic, minced
2 cups red cabbage, shredded
1 tbsp Hungarian hot paprika (more or less to taste)
¼ tsp nutmeg
1 tbsp parsley
¼ tsp cinnamon
1 ½ cups Shiraz (or other red wine)
2 beets, shredded (save stalks & stems!)
½ lb carrots
4-6 medium red potatoes
½ lb green beans, cut into 1 ½ inch long sections
2 large stalks celery, chopped
1 bunch kale, braising mix, or other seasonal, leafy greens
8 oz white mushrooms, sliced
sea salt to taste
freshly ground peppercorn medley to taste (at least 2-3 tsp.)
beef stock to cover all plus another 2-3 cups (or almost to top of pot)
1. Mix 4 tbsp. flour with seasoned salt and pepper in a tightly sealable container large enough to fit meat with room to shake around.
2. Add beef to flour mixture, close tightly and shake to coat beef.
3. Heat oil on medium high flame/setting in a VERY LARGE pot or Dutch oven.
4. Add onions, garlic, cabbage, & coated meat to oil and sauté until onions are translucent and meat is browned.
5. Add paprika, nutmeg, parsley, cinnamon, and some of the salt & pepper, stirring in well.
6. Add wine and reduce (simmer about 5 minutes) until very little liquid is left.
7. Add beets, carrots, potatoes, greens, green beans, and enough beef stock to cover all.
8. Bring to boil and reduce heat to low, cover and leave to simmer.
9. Separate beet stalks and leaves and chop both well.
10. Add chopped beet stalks.
11. Add beet greens, celery and mushrooms when veggies are not quite tender.
12. Top off pot with beef stock.
13. Continue simmering until all veggies are tender.
14. Add additional salt/pepper to taste and serve.
|Page 1 of 1||All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]|
|Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Group