|Gorean Living User Forums
|Greek Avgolemono Soup
|Page 1 of 1|
|Author:||KhaosWolfKat [ 25 May 2017, 10:35 ]|
|Post subject:||Greek Avgolemono Soup|
8 cups chicken broth
3 medium eggs
½ cup rice
juice from 2 lemons
leftover roast chicken (as much as you have/to taste)
1. Bring chicken broth to a boil. Salt to taste
2. Add rice, lower heat, cover and simmer for 20 minutes
3. Add shredded or chopped roast chicken.
4. Remove from fire
5. In a blender or with a mixer, beat 3 eggs. While still blending/mixing, VERY slowly add the lemon juice to the eggs.
6. Slowly add one cup of cooled chicken broth. DO NOT stop blending or the eggs will curdle
7. when the eggs and broth are well mixed, pour mixture back into the remaining broth and rice
8. Stir well over heat, but do not allow to boil
9. Serve hot.
|Page 1 of 1||All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]|
|Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Group