|Gorean Living User Forums
|Page 1 of 1|
|Author:||KhaosWolfKat [ 30 Sep 2013, 15:18 ]|
|Post subject:||Peasant's Meatloaf|
This is the sort of thing I imagine might be found for dinner in a peasant's hut, if stew was getting tiresome. Perhaps the less than choice cuts from various kills of different animals would have been ground up and combined, with whatever spices and fillers could be found on hand.
1 1/2 - 2 lbs ground meat (I use beef and turkey usually)
1 med onion - chopped
1 sm bunch green onion - chopped
1 med apple - cored & chopped
1 cup breadcrumbs/wheat germ/oats/bran/other grain
About a shot of Worcestershire
Black pepper (to taste)
Salt (to taste)
About 1/4 tsp allspice
Bacon - several slices
1. Preheat oven to 350° degrees
Mix all ingredients except bacon and ketchup together well in a large bowl.
2. Form a loaf (or reasonable facsimile) in a loaf pan or pretty much any other baking dish or cast iron skillet, leaving a small "trench" all around the edges of the pan (for grease to escape)
3. Cover top with a thin-med layer of ketchup.
4. Wrap and top loaf with bacon slices.
5. Bake @ 350° for about 1 hour or until meat thermometer reads 150°
Created by Khaos WolfKat
©Gorean Living 2006
|Author:||Dragon51 [ 08 Jan 2014, 03:17 ]|
|Post subject:||Re: Peasant's Meatloaf|
Greetings Masters, my Mistress, Mistresses and fellow slaves,
I have over the last couple of months had opportunity to prepare this recipe (once on a very large scale) and have to say that both times this recipe went over wonderfully. If you have not tried It, I recommend you do.
|Page 1 of 1||All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]|
|Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Group