|Gorean Living User Forums
|Roasted Rhubarb & Beets with Goat Cheese & Walnuts
|Page 1 of 1|
|Author:||KhaosWolfKat [ 15 Jun 2017, 13:23 ]|
|Post subject:||Roasted Rhubarb & Beets with Goat Cheese & Walnuts|
Roasted Rhubarb & Beets with Goat Cheese & Walnuts
*Scale up or down as needed*
• 4 stalks rhubarb - chopped
• 1 lb baby carrots
• 2-4 med/large beets - sliced (save the greens for later!)
1 medium apple or pear - sliced thickly
• A few slices of fennel bulb (optional)
• 1-2 stalks fennel, chopped (optional)
• fennel fronds for garnish
• 2-4 large shallots, thinly sliced
• 1-2 Tbs honey
• 1-2 Tbs EV olive oil
• sea salt (to taste)
• freshly ground pepper medly (to taste)
• 4 oz or so goat cheese
• good sized handful of walnuts
1. Pre-cook beets enough to skin first, if desired (Optional, though I like the texture when I do this, not to mention the great beet "broth". I use the Instant Pot and a rough version of this method.)
2. Preheat oven to 400°F.
3. Toss rhubarb with olive oil and honey in a big enough roasting pan for everything and roast in the oven for about 15 minutes.
4. Toss in everything else except the nuts, goat cheese, and beets (unless not pre-skinning beets - in which case, in they go! If you pre-cooked and skinned the beets, add them to the mix and toss in well as soon as they are sliced) and roast 25-30 minutes longer, until carrots and rhubarb are just tender.
5. Spread out walnuts and chunks of goat cheese generously over the top of everything, and roast until cheese is slightly toasted.
|Page 1 of 1||All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]|
|Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Group