ALL slaves must read this entire page before posting!
It is recommended that submissives also read and heed this page
|**If you are claiming to be a slave, you will act like it or be kicked/banned!
The following rules apply to all who claim the status of slave, regardless of type.
These rules are in ADDITION to the general rules listed on the previous page.
• A slave is defined, for purposes of Gorean Living, as any person who is owned by another, or who identifies as a slave, regardless of whether they are owned. If you are an "owned submissive", you will be treated as and expected to conduct yourself as a slave here. Owned is not free.
• Slaves are not required to beg "entrance", but are required to at least greet the free (masters first, then mistresses) immediately upon entering.
• Slaves will beg permission to leave/afk, and wait to be excused by a free person before doing so. If there is no reply for three minutes after the request, you are automatically excused, however, if there is active discussion making it likely your first request was missed, you should ask and wait a second time, to be sure.
NOTE: Typing the full nick of a free person present will potentially get their attention, in case your request was missed.
• If there is a topic/discussion amongst the free in progress, slaves are expected to politely ask if they may participate, rather than simply butting in.
• All free are to be addressed as "Master" or "Mistress" unless they tell you otherwise, in which case, they will be addressed according to their preference.
This is not to say you may not address them by name, if they do not mind, but that the title will be appended to their name (ie: "Master so and so")
• Slaves will be respectful to (and regarding) the free at all times, regardless of their personal opinion of the individual in question, what a free person says to a slave or how they say it.
It is not a slave's place to publicly judge the free. Ever. Period.
If a free person is abusive or unnecessarily rude to you, take it up with a moderator or another free person. If there are no mods or free in the room, save the log (copy & paste), politely inform them that you need to place them on ignore and do so, then contact a moderator to report the problem.
• Lurking is permitted, however, if a free person addresses you, you must answer them if you are not actually away from the keyboard with permission or an emergent situation.
• If you are given permission to go afk , you may not participate in the chat unless you beg and obtain permission to re-join the discussion and change your nick back if you have chosen to mark as such (afk, sleeping, chores, away, etc) To do otherwise would be akin to being excused from a physical room, then sneaking back in and hiding in the corner to eavesdrop and chime in as you please. If you request permission and there is no answer after three minutes, you may consider permission to return granted.
• Slaves are NEVER required to give out their personal information (real name, location, phone number, email, IM, etc.) and are strongly advised to avoid doing so. If anyone tries to order you to give out personal information, please report it!
• Slaves are to defer to the free and obey all reasonable commands. (reasonable meaning it will not place you or others in any danger and does not violate the rules of this chat room or your owner's rules... For example, if a free person tells you to drop a subject, it is reasonable. If they order you to show yourself on cam, it is not.)
• No bickering! Period. If you have an issue with someone and cannot remain civil, take it elsewhere.
• Slaves are permitted to publicly disagree with the free, but must always remember their place when doing so.
• State facts as facts and opinions as opinions.
~ Some additional hints and guidelines ~
• Being polite when a free person is being abusive or rude
We all know that this is Earth and not all who claim to be Gorean behave in ways generally associated with Gorean precepts. Some are players, losers, predators or just plain clueless.
Regardless of what they are or aren't though, that doesn't give a slave license to step out of line unless said slave is in actual physical danger of some kind.
Since this is a chat room, there is no way a slave is ever going to be in danger of anything but a bruised ego, which is good for slaves on occasion, so there is no cause for a slave to be impolite here.. ever.
Some pointers for maintaining your proper place when dealing with a difficult situation:
- Always continue to address them properly.
- Refrain from sarcasm.
- Apologize and beg forgiveness *even if you are not in the wrong* ... Remember - you are apologizing for being displeasing, not for doing whatever it is you are accused of!
- Offer your owner's contact information (for an email address @chat.GoreanLiving.com that will forward to your regular email address, so you can keep your private info private click here.
Master X: "You are a completely worthless slave and should be killed!"
Suggested response: (3rd person speech optional, but often conveys the proper attitude better)
"This slave is sorry you feel that way Master. Please forgive her for being displeasing to you."
(Don't forget to report it if it is actually something abusive! )
A free person is ordering you to do something that conflicts with your owner's rules.
"This girl is sorry Master, but her owner forbids (whatever), so she is unable to comply with your command. Please contact her master at (IM or email) if you wish to discuss this matter with him. A slave begs your understanding and forgiveness."
A free person is harrassing you or is continually abusive to you.
"Please forgive this slave Master, but she feels she must refrain from further communication with you until you have spoken with her master. Please contact him at (IM or email)"
Then ignore and report them.
This page will continue to be updated as new issues are identified. Please check back regularly.
To be notified when changes are made to this page,
By identifying as a slave (or owned) and chatting in the Gorean Living chat room, you are stating that you have read and agree to abide by the rules on this page.
Back to chat room entrance